(cont’d from here)
26. What’s something that amazes you?
That things I wouldn’t give a second look at in the past could interest me so much now.
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why?
Shoot straight. I hate to second-guess people’s intentions.
28. Where’s your favourite place to take an out-of-town guest?
Long Beach for chilli crabs.
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
Cooking my meals everyday. I still cannot come to terms with the fact that it takes so much time to prepare and cook a (Chinese) meal, and just 5 mins to devour all of it.
30. Do you have a catchphrase?
Seriously – in the short and curt way and the dragged-out way.
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them?
None, unless they insist I accept their POVs when I don’t.
32. How and where do you prefer to study?
Alone, in a quiet place with background music.
33. What position do you sleep in?
34. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why?
I’ll have to come back to you on this after I’ve traveled a bit more.
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new?
Smile, approachability, common interest(s).
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you?
Not much, apart from having a tacit sense of responsibility as an older sibling.
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
Fear of public speaking I think.
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?
None. Broken relationships worth saving have been saved.
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I have never thought of it, but perhaps Avery. It has a nice ring to it.
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not?
Yes. Too many people know too little but think they know a lot.
41. What do you consider unforgivable?
Having a lack of conscience and remorse.
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not?
Yes, I just stop thinking about it and move on, because harping over it is not going to do me any good.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
44.Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for?
This sounds way too serious.
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain.
It could take a whole night of discussion if we were to talk about the issue of Trust.
46. In what area of your life are you immature?
In the area of very close friendships.
47. What was the best news you ever received?
I’m afraid no piece of news delivered to me thus far has made me hysterically happy.
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular?
It depends on whether I have to do it face-to-face or not.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first?
A few years back. Because she is extremely warm and friendly (and loud), compensating my lack in both departments, and we share many things in common.
50. When do you find yourself singing?
In the bath, at home when no one is around, in the rain. And whenever I am happy.