I was casually looking for a random online questionnaire to do when I found one that I thought I’ll post here. Please share if you’ll like to; some of the questions are rather fun!
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
Eve, Ping, Evilyn.
Actually just Evelyn.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
Lee Kuan Yew’s memoir, a couple of classics, and José Saramago’s Seeing.
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I used to doodle quite a fair bit in the past.
Trees, flowers, buildings/ houses, people, and sometimes animals.
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
Toss and turn, take a sip of water from the kitchen sometimes, then back to toss and turn.
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
One, I reckon. I will watch TV and eat instant noodles.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
I save them in a cabinet, and until recent years, organise them by year.
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know?
It’s my sister.
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
Slip in and look for someone I know, desperately – if i even go to a party.
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?
Can I skip this? It is too agonising to think about it.
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Once in the morning, and everytime I wash my hands in the public toilet; none, if I am home the entire day.
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
That I will get bad luck for 7 years if a black cat crosses my path, but the bad luck can be reversed/ cancelled out if the same cat crosses my path again within the same walk. (It never happened.)
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
A friend that I was pretty close to back in primary school who would offer her help to everyone and anyone.
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections?
I almost never open the newspapers anymore, but if I do, it’s the The Straits Times on weekends for the news and lifestyle sections.
15. Which animals scare you most? Why?
Crows. In my childhood, a teacher once told the class a story about a student who got pecked on the back of her neck by a crow on her way home.
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
I try to avoid conflict if I can, but if the opinion/ comment conflicts with my principles in a big way, it is very likely that I will erupt in anger.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured?
Can it be a compliment I accord myself? (laughs)
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
Procrastination. But then again, stress seems to drive my productivity level up by unimaginable levels.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
Not really, unless waking up religiously late on weekends count.
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain.
No. I actually take pride in being rather low maintenance.
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits?
Just last week when I tried some new moves at yoga, and failed terribly.
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why?
A few close friends. My constitution is not made to entertain and give attention to too many people all at once.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
The former, I believe… but who knows, right? It could jolly well be both. (laughs)
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone?
One time, when I was eight and already quite myopic, I was suddenly aware that I could miraculously see the words on the blackboard very clearly. I rubbed my eyes hard, and then my perfect eyesight was gone. It never came back.
25. What do you think about more than anything else?
What should I do today/ this week/ this weekend?